Happy Canada Day

Oh Canada! Happy 144th Birthday! I'll be out celebrating all day, but I thought I would celebrate here by sharing some of my favourite Canadian books. We're a diverse, fantastic, and sometimes strange people and our literature here encompasses all that is amazing about being Canadian. Here is my list of must-read Canadian books.

The Book of Negroes - Lawrence Hill
In the Skin of a Lion - Michael Ondaatje
The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
Cool Water - Dianne Warren
How to Be A Canadian - Will Ferguson
Room - Emma Donoghue
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry

and of course...

The Hockey Sweater - Roch Carrier

Comments

  1. It is good to be back at last catching up with your blogging activities. Happy Canada Day. Have a fun summer and I was pleased to hear you are slowing down as I am a great believer in blogging without obligation, the real world beckons sometimes. Take care

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop