Back to Classics Challenge 2012

Can you believe it's time already to start signing up for the 2012 reading challenges? I can't! Where has this year gone? The first challenge I am signing up for is:
Hosted by Sarah Reads Too Much, the Back to Classics Challenge is just what it sounds like, it's all about the classics! This will be good for me, I have a few shelfs full of classics I have never opened. If you would like to sign up for this challenge, check out it out here.

There are nine categories to complete in the year. Here are the books I have chosen:

19th Century Classic: Far From the Madding Crowd, Thomas Hardy
20th Century Classic: Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf
Re-read: 1984, George Orwell
Play: A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
Mystery/Horror/Crime: Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier
Romance: Pamela, Samuel Robertson
Translation: Around the World in 80 Days, Jules Verne
Award Winner: The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton
Foreign Country: Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse

Comments

  1. Ooh, Rebecca is fantastic! Love it! Best of luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! I think Mrs. Dalloway just may end up on my list too.... and Siddhartha is one of my favorites. I have no idea how many times I've read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of books. Siddhartha is ambitious, 1984 a great read (as you know).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop