Advent With Austen Wrap-up

Thank you to Yvann of Reading Fuelled by Tea for hosting Advent With Austen! I must say, I came into this with some pretty ambitious goals and I didn't achieve near what I wanted to. However, I can now FINALLY say that I have read Pride and Prejudice so I consider this a complete success!

In terms of achievement I reached Mr. Bingley status.

I read one book and watched two movies. The book as mentioned above was Pride and Prejudice. The movies were a film adaptation of P&P (the one with Kiera Knightley and though I enjoyed it, I really wish it had been Colin Firth playing Mr. Darcy) and the movie The Jane Austen Book Club (a group of women meet to discuss Jane's books...great idea, not great movie in my opinion.)

I wish I had read more however I have downloaded all of Jane's books to my e-reader and look forward to reading them in the future!

Comments

  1. Thanks for participating! I'll cheat a bit and post my and only post my closing tomorrow. Also had great fun with AwA Twitter Movie Nights. This event was especialy worth it because it gave me the oportunity to re-read the canon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you're hooked!! Welcome to a healthy Austen addiction! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop