What My Child Is Reading


What My Child is Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns where we share what our children are reading (hence the title!)  I don't review children's books but I think it's a great way for me to share which ones are being read in my house.

Both of my kids signed up for the summer reading program at our library and are eager to get a start on earning their stickers.  Here are some of the books we read this week:

Big Pig and Little Pig by David McPhail - this one my daughter is reading to me.  It's easy and repetitive, perfect for beginner readers.
Llama Llama Mad At Mama by Anna Dewdney - this one is too cute!  The little llama is mad he has to go shopping with mom.  It rhymes so it's fun for the little ones and great about teaching little kids about tantrums.
 Goal! by Mina Javaherbin - a group of boys in South Africa get a brand new soccer ball to play with.  Both of my kids are really into soccer right now so they like this one!

 

Mon Petit Livre de Mots and Mon Petit Livre de la Nature from Scholastic.  We're using these books to practice my daughter's vocabulary words during the summer.

Comments

  1. We read Goal! a few weeks ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! Big Pig and Little Pig looks just right for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books. We also read Goal! just recently. Thanks for joining WMCIR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop