Back to School Readathon TBR Post


 I had such great success with the Olympic Readathon (1200 pages read while on vacation with my kids!) that I needed to sign up for another readathon now that I'm home.  And the Back To School Readathon, hosted by Katie at Katie's Book Blog is the perfect one for me!

This readathon runs from August 15-20.  There is no minimum to read, just the challenge to make a dent in your TBR list.  I plan on reading the following books:

Running For My Life by Lopez Lomong
A Door in the River by Inger Ash Wolfe
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
The Blondes by Emily Schultz

I will consider this readathon a success if I can get 1000 pages read in five days.  That will definitely get me motivated to get back into reading after a lovely two week holiday.

Day 1:
We took the family to Canada's Wonderland yesterday so it wasn't exactly a reading day for me.  I managed to get a few chapters in on the way there but not much else.
Total pages read: 31
Total books read:  0 

Day 2:
A much better day for reading.  I finished my first book, Running For My Life, the story of runner Lopez Lomong who escaped a rebel soldier camp at the age of 6 in Sudan and went on to compete at the Olympics for the United States of America.  Fantastic story.
Total pages read: 251
Total books read: 1 

Day 3
I stayed up late last night to finish my book because it was that good.  A Door in the River is a Canadian mystery that keeps you hooked right until the end.
Total pages read: 583
Total books read: 2

Day 4:
The weather was perfect for sitting on the balcony, soaking up the sunshine and enjoying a good book.  I finished The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry in one day, the first time I've done that in a long time.
Total pages read: 903
Total books read: 3 
 

Comments

  1. Ooh 1000 pages will be awesome! I wish you tons of luck! I too have joined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vonnie! I think it's a bit of a big goal for me, but I need that push right now!

      Delete
  2. Great books and awesome goal. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting this readathon Katie!

      Delete
  3. Interesting TBR pile! Hope we can both reach our goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderland sounds like fun, hope you were able to read more today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop