Little Readers Saturday

I want to share the books I am reading with my kids.  As I've mentioned before, I have a five year old daughter in grade one who goes to French school.  So at home we read in both French and English with her.  She is just starting to read on her own in both languages.  I also have a three year old son who loves books.  He has a speech delay so reading is extra important in our home to help him with that.  So here you will find books for young kids in both English and French!



My daughter loves princess stories and these books from Renaud-Bray are perfect for her.  They're the same stories, but new to us as they're in French.  They're a little advanced for kids who don't speak French as a first language, so I read them to her with the goal of her picking out all the words she recognizes.

Art by Patrick McDonnell is an English book about a young boy named Art who loves to do art!  As you can see from the cover, the illustrations are beautiful and colourful.  The words are simple and repetitive which makes it a good book for beginner readers.  This one my daughter is reading to me.

My son loves counting so the books he's been picking this week all had to do with numbers.  Here are two of his favourites.  Count With Dora is a big favourite because he loves Dora.  It's a very simple books, which is great for us because we're able to slow down and work on the pronunciation of each word.  And because he can count pretty high, he loves Chicka Chicka 123.  This one I read to him rather than him repeating.  If you're enjoy reading children's books in a highly animated one, this one is fantastic.



I'm linking this post up to The Children's Bookshelf.  It's a place to connect with parents and children's book lovers and find great new books and old favourites for your kids.

What are your kids reading this week?

Comments

  1. I love McDonnell's Art book. It's so imaginative. Thanks for linking up to The Children's Bookshelf. I hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop