"It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Last week, I finally got back into the swing of things in terms of reading.  I actually met my weekly page goal (though it was only 500 pages when it's usually 800) and I'm ahead in terms of having reviews to be published for the full week.  And according to GoodReads, I'm only 1 book behind schedule for my goal of reading 100 books in a year.  Now, if only I could say these things at the end of the year rather than mid-January!

What I Read Last Week:

You can read my review of Dara-Lynn Weiss' The Heavy here.  You may have seen it in the news lately as the subject of putting her 8 year old daughter on a diet is pretty controversial.  I also finished reading I Heart London by Lindsay Kelk, review to come soon.  I gave it 4 stars on GoodReads.

What I'm Reading Now:

I am halfway through Cathy Marie Buchanan's The Painted Girls.  The story of two sisters trying to make their way in Paris in the late 19th century after the death of their father, this one has transported me to another time and place and I'm loving it.

What I Plan to Read Next:

I loved The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen (very Downton Abbey) and so I'm looking forward to her newest book about a young woman who moves to a cliff-top manor with her father to tutor the baronet's sons.  The Child's Child by Barbara Vine is about two adult siblings who inherit their grandmother's home.  They move into it together but violence and societal taboos threaten the idyllic home.

What are you reading this week?



Comments

  1. Looks like you've got a sibling theme gong on :-) Hope you enjoy the books you read this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Painted Girls looks really good...going to have to see if my library has a copy of it.

    Have a great week!
    ~Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goodreads counter looks so sad in the beginning of the year, doesn't it? Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck on your reading challenges! The Child's Child sounds interesting and for some reason the cover caught my eye. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the covers and from your post - all the books look so interesting here.. and I am going to add them to my overwhelming TBR..
    http://myrandrspace.blogspot.com/2013/01/magic-mondays-magic-of-mouse-deer-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so curious about The Painted Girls! I hope you're loving it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop