"It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Well, we survived the first week of school.  There were a few tears (ok, quite a few tears, but they weren't from me.)  Thankfully, they weren't "I don't want to go school" tears.  Nope, they were "I don't want you to pick me up from school Mummy, I want Daddy to pick me up" tears.  Sure knows how to make his mom feel good! (I know he loves me, I found the whole scene quite hilarious actually, and it's quickly ended with me saying "hey, let's go to the park.")

I'm looking forward to having this time to myself, and I've got a great pile of books waiting for me to start enjoying it.  Unfortunately, this was not the week for it, as I was pretty tired.  I'm still like a teenager when it comes to the whole waking up early after a summer of late nights and mornings spent sleeping. 

What I Read Last Week
About A Girl by Lindsey Kelk and The Silent Wife by A.S.A. Harrison - two very different novels, both just as enjoyable.

What I'm Reading Now
I am reading Jane Eyre through the month of September as part of a read-along.  The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon is not the type of book I would usually pick up but it has a lot of buzz surrounding it so I'm interesting to see what it's like.

What I Plan to Read Next
 I don't know.  I have so much fantastic fall CanLit coming my way from the library and publishers and it is going to be so difficult for me to decide what to read first!

What Are You Reading?

Comments

  1. I do so like the feeling when there is so much of choice that one does not know which book to take up first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked The Bone Season, I hope you do too.

    Have a great week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your week.

    I am out of town and not getting too much reading done, but I am having fun. Went to a Hachette book event and received 9 books. The event was FABULOUS. I am still here visiting my son.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop