Month In Review

After a disastrous month reading-wise in September, I definitely got back into the swing of things in October.  This was mostly due to the announcement of the Giller Prize longlist mid-September.  I always try to read as many books on the longlist as I can before the winner is announced at the beginning of November.  This year, I look poised to read 11/12, my best year so far.

Here is what I read in October (with my GoodReads ratings):

Paradise and Elsewhere - Kathy Page *****
Us Conductors - Sean Michaels ****
Moving Forward Sideways Like a Crab - Shani Mootoo ****
The Betrayers - David Bezmozgis ****
Choose Your Own Autobiography - Neil Patrick Harris ****
Priya in Heels - Ayesha Patel ****
Tell - Frances Itani ***
American Innovations - Rivka Galchen ***
My October - Claire Holden Rothman ***

Challenges

Canadian Book Challenge (7), Diversity in Books (2), TBR Pile (0), Classics Club (0)

What I'm Looking Forward to In November

Christmas books!  I've pre-ordered two Christmas-themed Chick Lit books (The Great Christmas Knit-Off by Alexandra Brown and One Hundred Christmas Proposals by Holly Martin) plus got a few Christmas-themed ARC's so I will definitely be having Christmas in November.

What do you plan to read in November? Any Christmas-themed books line up?

Comments

  1. Hello, there. I don't have any Christmas-themed books in my reading queue just yet, but now that it's November I should think about that.

    Your blog has a cute and cozy name! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop