Monday Funday

Monday Funday is a fun idea that lifestyle blogger and my awesome internet friend Claire has been doing over on her blog CM Claire.  I love seeing what fun stuff has caught her eye online and thought “I wanna do one too!”  So she told me she’d do a link up each week and here I am posting my first one!


Monday Funday is a weekly collection of the things which have been distracting, delighting, or diverting me all week long!

One of the few shows I actually look forward to each year is Project Runway.  Now, I can’t sew nor can I even draw something resembling a design, but I love fashion so that is why I’m obsessed with this show.  Plus, you get great etiquette tips from Tim Gunn.


When I work, I need to have some sort of noise going on in the background so I usually put on the UK Top 40 Chart on YouTube.  Which ends up distracting me from my work because while I should just be listening, I end up watching all the videos.  My favourite song this week:


Actually I've been obsessed with this song since it came out a few weeks ago.  Honourable mentions go to "Not Letting Go" - Tinie Tempah ft. Jess Glynne (YouTube wouldn't let me embed the video) and "Pony (Jump On It)" - Tough Love ft. Ginuwine (oh my goodness, high school me got way too excited over this one.)

Everything in this Buzzfeed article about Book Nerds is me.  Except for the Harry Potter stuff.  I tried people, I really did.  I even read the first three, but that’s where it ended.  But the rest of this list - me.  Especially #1,2,3,4....you get the picture.

My kids love collecting Amiibo’s for the Wii and apparently they unlock levels of classic Nintendo games.  Watching them play not only took me back to my childhood but made me want to grab a controller and show my kids how a real boss defeats Bowser.  So this week, I’ve been playing a lot of Dr. Mario and Super Mario - and throwing a lot of side-eye at my 6 year old who thinks he can tell me where all the secret coins are.

You know what else distracts this girl from all the work she should be doing?  Another 11 game win streak (and a series sweep of the Yankees) by her Toronto Blue Jays.  FYI - I’ve been live-tweeting the games all season long from my personal twitter account, I’m not jumping on the bandwagon.  This girl’s been warming seats in the 500-level since 1996 (prior to that, warming seats at Stade Olympique since birth!)  And how can I not be obsessed with the Blue Jays when this is our third baseman.


Ok, this was definitely fun.  Thanks Claire for the awesome inspiration!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop