Monday Funday

It’s time for Monday Funday, a weekly collection of the things which have been distracting, delighting, or diverting me both online and offline.  Why not join in and link up over at CM Claire.

This week I watched the first season of Odd Mom Out.  I really enjoyed it, probably because I could relate to it just a little bit.  I felt like Jill was over-acting through most of it, but it is still a fun show and at only 10 episodes it’s easy to binge watch.  


Because my to be read pile isn’t long enough, I love quizzes that help you find more books.  What New Book Should You Read This Fall from Buzzfeed gave me Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins, and I hadn’t heard of it but I think I will pick it up based on the description. Thanks Buzzfeed!

I’ve decided it’s time to get a new cellphone, so this week I spent a lot of time on YouTube watching review videos of the different phones my provider has.  How on earth did we ever make purchasing decisions before YouTube.  I’ve got to give a shoutout to Marques Brownlee of MKBHD - his videos are what helped me make my decision.

blogTO published an article on The 10 Weirdest Toronto Kid’s Shows of All Time.  You say weird, I say genius.  My favourites from this list - Today’s Special and Just Like Mom (my brother in law was on the show!)  My favourites not on the list - Dear Aunt Agnes and You Can’t Do That on Television (ok, that’s an Ottawa show but every Canadian 80’s kid loves that show.)

Speaking of the 80’s, Buzzfeed has a great collection of memes that will make you nostalgic for the good old days - 29 Memes That Are Too Real for 80’s Kids.  I had totally forgotten about the hamburger you played in at McDonald’s and the hoverboard urban legend.


And if reminiscing about awesome 80’s childhoods doesn’t make you feel old, Buzzfeed has another article - 33 Facts About the Class of 2019 That Will Hurt Your Soul - that may just drive you to despair.

On a serious note, I came across this article from The Atlantic, published in April, titled Ferguson’s Fortune 500 Company and I was floored by what we don’t know about the background of the city and how we really don’t have the full picture.

Comments

  1. That 2019 Buzzfeed article is scary! Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop