Month In Review

September is always a great month to be a reader here in Canada.  Two of the big three literary prizes were announced and the Word on the Street book and magazine festival took place (click here for my post on the day.)  It's also a month where I tend not to read as much because I'm working on getting back into the routine of everyone being in school.  After a few months of not reading any Canadian books, now it's pretty much all I will be reading for the next two months and I'm loving that.

Here is what I read in September with my GoodReads ratings:

The Reason You Walk by Wab Kinew *****
The Mistake I Made by Paula Daly ****
Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis ****
If You Don't Know Me By Now by A.L. Michael ****

Challenges

Diversity on the Shelf (2), Canadian Book Challenge (2)

What I'm Looking Forward to in October

Amazing CanLit.  I'm working my way through the Giller Longlist right now and I also have two more books on the Writers' Trust shortlist to read.  Plus, the Governor General's literary prize list will be announced this month.  So it's looking like it will be ALL CanLit this month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop