September Birchbox Review

My second Birchbox! So far, I'm very impressed with this service.  I like the products I'm receiving and it's so much fun to open the box and be surprised by what is in there.

(I have a better camera, now I need to work on my photography skills)

100%Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
An instant pick-me-up that reduces the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.

I was very excited to try this out because I've been thinking it's time I start using an eye cream.  The smell of this one put me off a bit, it's a familiar smell and reminds me of a place but I can't quite put my finger on what that place is (obviously that's just a personal thing, but the smell is different.)  Am I noticing a major difference under the eyes? Nothing that I can say would make this a miracle cream but I definitely feel like it's working especially on the circles.

Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Blow Dry Spray
This ginseng and biotin-infused spray stimulates follicles and encourages healthy growth.

I love product. The smell is absolutely amazing and it leaves my hair so soft and shiny.  Often products that say volumizing in the name don't really do much in that manner for my hair but this left my hair looking very healthy.

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Liquid Liner - Cobalt
From the fashion designer's makeup line: an ultra precise, smudge proof liner in a rich, cobalt blue.

Liquid eyeliner is something I have never tried because I've always assumed I don't have a steady enough hand to do it.  I still don't but I think with a little bit of practice I will be able to, and definitely with this one. I'm impressed with how well it goes on.  The colour is nice but it's a bright blue and definitely isn't an everyday liner for me, it will definitely be for really special occasions.  A different, more muted colour and I would use this product more often.

POP Beauty POP Portfolio Eyeshadow Trio - Sugar Plum
A trifecta of long-wearing, bendable eyeshadows in bold, pigmented purples.

I can't wear eyeshadow, something about the powder against my eyelid reacts and my eyes swell up.  So I gave this to my friend and she said that she really liked the colours and it goes on really well.  Her only hesitation is that it comes off easy, it can be removed only with water but this also means that it easily comes off during the day on its own.

TOCCA Crema de Mano
Loaded with natural oils, this grapefruit and cucumber lotion absorbs in a flash.

Absorbs in a flash is right. When I first put it on I thought it would be too greasy but that went away very quick and it feels very light. I have eczema on my hands and I have a hard time finding good lotions.  While this one doesn't cure it, it doesn't make it worse. This is a lotion I would definitely use when I don't have flare-ups.  And the smell is gorgeous.  

What I Would Buy: The 100% Pure Eye Cream, Briogeo Blow Dry Spray, and TOCCA Crema de Mano. 

What I  Wouldn't By But Look for Other Products From This Company: Cynthia Rowley Beauty and POP Beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop