Month In Review

In my last Month in Review I mentioned that I've been having trouble on the blogging front, just getting the time to sit down and write reviews and keep the blog updated. I was hoping to fix that in May but evidently that didn't happen. I once again read some great books this month but I just haven't had the time at the computer. I have a lot of reviews to write and I absolutely pledge to do all that this month.

Here is what I read in May with my GoodReads ratings:

Homegoing - Yaa Gyasi *****
The Couple Next Door - Shari LaPena ****
The House of Wives - Simon Choa-Johnston ****
Kay's Lucky Coin Variety - Ann Y.K. Choi ****
The Assistants - Camille Perri ***
The Translation of Love - Lynne Kutsukake ***

Thoughts
I have already declared Homegoing my favourite book of 2016. I honestly don't think any book will come close to it for the rest of the year. It's destined to become a classic. I read some great Diverse CanLit this month with The House of Wives, Kay's Lucky Coin Variety, and The Translation of Love.  The Couple Next Door, which comes out in August, is a great thriller written by a Canadian author. And while the idea was great, The Assistants wasn't quite what I had hoped for but I do think that it could be made into a great movie.

What I'm Looking Forward to in June
I have a huge (physical) pile of books next to my bed to read and I'm really just hoping for the time this month to get through them all. I have just started I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh and I'm also looking forward to reading The Girls by Emma Cline. Other than that I'm going to just let the month see where it takes me reading-wise rather than planning in advance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Guestbook" by Holly Martin

"Dreaming of Elsewhere: Observations on Home" by Esi Edugyan

Literary Giveaway Blog Hop